Headwaters is a publication that provides information and resources for Extension and watershed protection professionals. It is produced by watershed educators from the University of Maryland Extension and Maryland Sea Grant Program. If you have comments, questions, or ideas for Headwaters, contact one of the specialists listed below. (Learn more about the services they offer.)
Watershed Restoration Specialists
Volume 4, Issue 1 / May 2017
- Welcome Kelsey
- Welcome Alexis
- Small BMPs can make a BIG difference
- The Power of Design
- Small but Mighty
- How Vulnerable is the Maryland Coastal Bays Program?
- WSA Eligible for MSDE Credits
Volume 3, Issue 4 / December 2016
- Bon voyage to a wonderful friend and colleague
- Greening with consistency
- Halfway there. . . midpoint assessment draws near
- Cost share for homeowner practices? Coming soon to a city near you!
- Preparing for winter
- Who's your watershed specialist?
Volume 3, Issue 3 / August 2016
- Bay Clarity
- Fellowship Program Accepting Applications
- Go native!
- Recent review spottedon ConfAdvisor
- Training the Next Generation
Volume 3, Issue 2 / May 2016
- Character Stream
- A Rain Garden Sign for the Four Seasons
- Outdoor Ethics for Patagonia and Your Local Park
- Does it need a boarding pass?
- Building Resilience from the Ground Up
- The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: Pond Maintenance
Volume 3, Issue 1 / March 2016
- Snowzilla vs. Clean Water
- The Stormwater Bachelor Returns
- SOILS – Nature’s secret weapon to achieve better water quality
- A Focus on Sea Level Rise and Coastal Inundation
Volume 2, Issue 4 / December 2015
- Slowing the Flow at Oregon Ridge
- Hot on the Streets — the Outreach Program Audit Tool
- Seeking Tall, Attractive Native Grass to Help with Bay Clean-up
- Restoring the American Chestnut
- Risk Perceptions in Vulnerable Communities
Volume 2, Issue 3 / August 2015
- The Susquehanna Flats: Epicenter of Research
- Landlocked: Developing a Study Abroad Course in Ethiopia
- The River Seldom Seen: Learning about the Lesser-known Choptank
- Project Based Learning with Chestnuts and Aquaculture: Professional Development for Teachers
- Adventures in Team Teaching: Educators Enliven the Green Youth Summer Program
Volume 2, Issue 2 / May 2015
- Inside this Issue:
- 4-H Bay Stewards Build Capital
- Howard County Students Take Weather to the Extreme
- Empowering Women Farmers in Afghanistan
- Stormwater Law and You
- Cecil County WSA – Off and Running!
- Southern Maryland Counties Support Watershed Restoration
- Changes to the Watershed Protection and Restoration Program, or "SB 863"
Volume 2, Issue 1 / February 2015
- Dundalk Renaissance Corporation’s Fall Tree Give Away
- What is Social Marketing?
- Introduction to Stormwater Law and You
- The UME Land Use and Watershed Action Team
- Cecil County Stewards are Full Speed Ahead
Volume 1, Issue 4 / December 2014
- Conservation Landscaping in Action
- SOS, SOS! Septic Owner Stewardship Clinics
- Stormwater Remediation comes to Maryland
- The Twins have Arrived!
- Watershed Assistance Collaborative
- What the Bay means to me…and a few million other Marylanders
- Chesapeake Quarterly
Volume 1, Issue 3 / August 2014
- Finding the Food-Water Connection: Integrating Urban Agriculture and Urban Stormwater
- Designing Rain Gardens of the Future
- Marine Educators From Around The World Converge in Annapolis
- The Grass is Greener...in College Park
- From Research and Development to Implementation: Redesigning Living Roof Substrate
Volume 1, Issue 2 / May 2014
- Spring has Sprung and Projects Abound!
- Saving the Bay…one Academy at a time
- Galesville’s Summerpalooza
- New weTable Technology Facilitates HABs Workshop
- Climate Corner: Examining the 2014 National Climate Assessment
Volume 1, Issue 1/ February 2014
- A Tree Grows in Chestertown
- Need a Rain Garden? There’s an App for That!
- The New Website
- What’s The “Dib” with Stormwater?
- Climate Corner